This 4th of July, Think About What Is Patriotism
The definition of patriotism can be as simple as love for one’s country. But there are different types of patriotism that you can celebrate this 4th of July. Devout Patriots, believe that right or wrong, their country is the best and should be revered with their blind patriotism. Most Americans are more Symbolic Patriots, whose patriotism stems from symbols, rituals, flags and songs. They religiously salute the flag and celebrate the 4th of July with fervor. The Constructive Patriots are like our founding fathers, and believe the best way to love their country is to critique the government in their search for constant improvement.
OrnamentShop.com has a variety of personalized ornaments for you to choose from that show your patriotism this 4th of July, your way! Choose from flags, red, white and blue patriotic, states, military and this great country’s favorite destinations to decorate your American themed tree.
We live with the inalienable rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness and hold these truths to be self-evident, but freedom is not free. It is not the authorization to do whatever your heart desires. Freedom is the opportunity to become the greatest version of yourself. When Patrick Henry said “Give me liberty or give me death” he believed that if he had to sacrifice his strong beliefs, that he might as well be dead!
Become A Patriot This 4th Of July
Looking for some ideas this 4th of July that you can do to celebrate and show your love for the United States? Here are a couple of tips that will have you singing America, The Beautiful!
- Volunteer – Considering the needs of others and giving back to your community are ways that you can be patriotic.
- Run For Office – Most Americans today hate their government, but never run for office to be the change that they want to see.
- Appreciate Armed Forces – There are many websites from which you can send care packages and write letters to our military who sacrifice to serve our country.
- Have Faith – Believe that the American Dream still exists, and even though we are going through some tough times, trust that we will grow into a stronger nation.
- Gather Together – Nothing in this world is better accomplished alone. Be a part of something greater than any individual and do something to benefit your country and the greater good.
- It’s Not Just For Me – As President John F. Kennedy once said, “Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country”. Put aside thoughts of “what’s in it for me?”
- Be True To Yourself – Being a good citizen is staying true to your own belief system but respecting the different interests and beliefs that others have.
Proudly Fly Your Flag On The 4th Of July
Fly your flag on the 4th of July! While she goes by many names: The Star Spangled Banner, Stars & Stripes and Old Glory, our American flag is very symbolic of our roots and heritage. Here are a few meanings in case you have forgotten:
- The 50 stars represent the 50 states
- The 13 stripes represent the original 13 colonies that formed this country
- The blue field, or canton, represents the union, and the color signifies vigilance, perseverance and justice
- The white stripes represent the purity and innocence of our unspoiled land
- The red stripes represent our hardiness and valor as a common people
The American people love to discover, enlighten and create. This is evident in our founding fathers’ belief that a new nation could be run by the people, for the people. So this 4th of July, spend some time reflecting on what type of patriot you are, and what you can do to contribute to the ideal of freedom for all.